Reducing overwhelm and its damage to the well-being of staff. Staff are working at full capacity. As a result, people are feeling swamped and almost paralyzed by the volume of work. Everything feels urgent and important. There aren’t enough hours in the day to get through everything and Zoom meetings are being used as a time to get through emails. Staff are doing their best to support colleagues and service the client so there is a certain amount of people-pleasing going on and uncertainty around what they should say “no” to or how to say “no” without causing offence. Staff are feeling exhausted.
- What is overwhelm?
- How are you spending your time?
- What stops you using your time effectively?
- What should you be doing?
- What is keeping you stuck?
- How to say “no” without causing offence
- The importance of flow for creativity and productivity
- Tools and techniques for reducing overwhelm
- After lockdown and the return to the office
- Better understanding of your real priorities
- More control over how to achieve your priorities such as planning, business development and building relationships with the client
- Improved communication internally and with clients leading to stronger relationships
- Effectively manage emails, shorten meetings and prevent interruptions
- Less procrastination and people-pleasing
- Confidence to say ’no’ constructively and signpost alternatives
- Scheduling flow for better creativity and productivity
- More time to be creative and productive
- Practical tools and techniques to take away
- How to return to the office
The masterclass can be done via Teams or Zoom. It is interactive (with breakout rooms) and suitable for all departments and all levels from 20 to 150 people.
60 minutes including Q&A.
For more details or to book a session call me on 0779 555 2986 or contact me